extra chocolate custard and glaze left over from the pseudo-failed chocolate eclairs, so I made them into little chocolate cups of whipped, creamy heaven. Kind of.
Folded 3 tablespoons of the chocolate glaze, room temperature, into some stabilized whipped cream, and then a dollop of vanilla whipped cream. (p.s. dollop is a Taboo word. the game, you know?)
Then added on some decorating cookies.
Jerry and Chris couldn't wait for me to finish taking the photos.
chocolate custard, chocolate whipped cream, decorational cookies
see chocolate eclair recipe here
Chocolate whipped cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon gelatin
4 tablespoons cold water
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 or 4 tablespoons chocolate glaze, or to taste, from the eclair recipe here
1. Dissolve gelatin in cold water in a small pan placed over boiling water. Wait until it becomes clear - do not stir. Let it come to room temperature.
2. Meanwhile, beat the cream until medium to stiff consistency
3. Add the gelatin and beat until stiff
4. Quickly beat in the sugar and vanilla
5. Take out 1/4 of the cream and set aside
6. Fold the glaze into the remaining cream
Decorating cookies adapted from Tartelette
4 ounces unsalted butter
4 ounces confectioners sugar, sifted
4 ounces all-purpose flour
1/2 cup egg whites
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Cream butter and sugar with paddle attachment
2. Add egg whites until it just comes together
3. Add in the flour until just mixed
4. Put into a piping bag with a small tip (I just cut a small hole in a bag)
5. Pipe shapes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
6. Bake until golden (I made thin cookies so I baked mine for about 5 minutes)
Note: The dough must be used immediately, or frozen. Take out for about 30 minutes before using.
1. Pipe the chocolate custard into 6 to 10 glasses or cups and flatten with a small spatula
2. Pipe chocolate cream evenly into the glasses, using any sort of designed tip
3. Using a star tip, pipe a large dollop of the vanilla cream on top
4. Add on the decorating cookies, or chocolate shavings if desired
5. Goes great with these almond cookies