Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Food for thought: BEST ROOMMATE. EVER

So I haven't mentioned this yet. I have the best roommate ever. Ever.

This morning I woke up to a hardboiled egg hiding in a pot on my desk. For me. Yay :)


Roomie wakes up about 2 hours before I do (strange schedules) and makes coffee (don't tell the CA) and breakfast for herself. Today was eggs and I got one :) Pretty damn awesome. Also, who doesn't love the smell of coffee in the morning? Even though I usually sleep through it.

And then she bakes with me and shops with me and mothers me (okay I mother her sometimes too). So yeah. This blog is a tribute to Roommate.

Also, exciting news. ish. The California Strawberry Commission is apparently releasing a strawberry-recipe eBook for the iPhone and they want to use my chocolate ganache strawberry meringue tart! (That's a mouthful. Pun not intended). So you won't be seeing anything new I've made lately because I'll be working on making sure the recipe is converted to cups and tablespoons as well as reworking the banana walnut muffin recipe.

And finally.... I received a package today filled with goodies :) my electric mixer, ice cream maker, rice cooker and food (read: ramen). Yay for packages and presents!

3 comments:

Megan Lee said...

Thanks, OTHER BEST ROOMMATE EVER. :)

herryjuynh said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. YOU'RE GOING TO BE IN AN IPHONE APP!!!!

stephanieting said...

omg! this is exciting!!! sadly, I don't have an iphone...
I'm jealous of you and your roommate ;)