Saturday, September 5, 2009

Number 14: Jasmine chocolate truffles


So I took a break from actual baking yesterday - tired and had to pick up a family friend from school. Instead, I made these chocolate truffles from the leftover white chocolate and bittersweet chocolate jasmine tea ganache I made the day before for the macarons.

So no recipe today - just check out the jasmine tea macaron recipe here to see the ganache recipe. Let the ganache sit in the fridge for maybe 2 to 4 hours to firm up, scoop out little teaspoons and roll into a ball. Roll in chopped almonds (mixed with cocoa powder if you want) and wrap in plastic wrap to let firm up again. The jasmine flavor really stands out after a couple days in the chocolate.

Anyway.

Onto food-related subjects, and some not food-related subjects. Yesterday I watched Julie & Julia, which was pretty good, although Amy Adam's character came off as awfully whiney. I really hope I don't whine and complain as much as she does, but I realized that when recipes fail I feel like crap too. Hmmm...I'll have to watch my temper.

But that one scene with raspberry bavarian cream made me really want to try that.

Another thing I realized - I can't be a cook. Chef. Whatever. I can't stand working with raw meat.

Anyway last night I was complaining to Boyfriend about how desserts aren't interesting anymore (cheesecake, some apple thing with vanilla ice cream, etc). But today my parents took me and family friend out to Santa Monica and we walked around Third Street Promenade (touristy, I know, but it's still my favorite place). For a lunchtime snack we went to Bubba Gumps and for dinner - ah dinner - we went to Italian Trastevere.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but the point. Dessert. Fresh baked pears and chocolate cream cake with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. I'm pretty sure the cream was freshly whipped, and it was amazing.

Okay that's all. I'm eventually going to try something with chocolate and pears but for now, fruit tarts for tomorrow's barbeque. Expect strawberries and kiwis.

2 comments:

Gala said...

yum!

waiting for the fruit tarts!

herryjuynh said...

i <3 working with meat. gar har har. looking excellent dear.