Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Number 43: Roasted pear

Econ midterm: Ugh.
Discussion: Bleh
Lunch: Doughnut, chips and latte (I know, awful)

A roasted pear would be much appreciated now, but alas, I made it last night whilst studying for the midterm which I bombed this afternoon. It was a small treat for the worn-down.

 
Roasted pear
serve with caramel sauce
1 D'anjou pear
2 tablespoons butter, softened at room temperature
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
half an orange (or in my case, tangerine)
pinch of cinnamon

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Halve the pear and remove the core 
3. Mix together butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. I was too lazy to wait for my butter to soften so I just dumped it in the microwave for 10 seconds
4. Place the pears cut-side up on separate squares of aluminum foil.
5. Pack the butter mixture into two spheres and place into the empty core of the pears. In my case, just spoon the mixture over the pears
6. Squeeze some orange/tangerine juice over the pears, wrap them up and bake for an hour or so.

No comments: