Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Number 49: Tea olive flower-infused sugar cookies

My spring break in food:
1. Sushi Gen, right off the plane. Toro was subpar, maguro was superb. I missed good seafood.
2. Chinese noodles. Love.
3. Shabu shabu. More sashimi.
4. In-n-out. Double double protein style.
5. Lamb. Fish. Made my own wontons!

And these lovely cookies. I've always wanted to make jasmine sugar cookies via chop chop a to z but I don't have jasmine flowers on hand. At home, however, I do have tea olive flowers on hand. A few adaptions later, these amazing cookies came out of the oven. I'm in love with this sugar cookie recipe.

Tea olive flower-infused sugar cookies
2 teaspoons dried tea olive flowers
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 egg
1 tablespoon tea olive syrup (or rum)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Mix together flowers and sugar, let sit for a couple hours to infuse the sugar with the flowers. Then sift the sugar.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, and the rum/syrup.
3. Combine flour, powder, soda and salt. Beat into the wet mixture.
4. Fold out the dough into a plastic cling wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
5. Roll out and cut out 2-3 inch cookies. Bake at 325 degrees F for 6 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned on the edges.

1 comment:

the red bungalow said...

Wow these look so yummy! I love the little hearts in the center :) I'm adding this to my ever-growing list of recipes to try.

Thanks for sharing!

Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com