Cali cuties are
super duper f-cking cute
tangerines, not girls.
1. Dittmar gallery at NU - awesome installation imitating what's inside a spring cloud. What is a spring cloud anyway? And why is the installation dark and yellow?
2. Gregory Alan Isakov at Evanston Space in April.
3. History of the 60's counterculture or Gender, race and the politics of beauty?
4. Metric in May
5. Big Sis's graduation. May
Also. If I were to have a non-traditional wedding dessert, I would have tartelettes. I mean, donuts, sure. But people (mainly girls watching their weight) would complain. (Well...donuts versus cake. Which is more unhealthy?)
Use cupcake recipe found here
1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1.5 tablespoons unsalted butter
dash of salt
1 tablespoon milk
dash of vanilla extract
1/4 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
1. Combine sugar, butter and salt in a saucepan. Melt over medium heat, stirring frequently.
2. Bring to a boil. Add milk and vanilla. Boil for 45 seconds, stirring occasionally.
3. Dump all of the confectioners sugar at once. Beat with a wooden spoon until thick and smooth
4. Frost cupcakes quickly by dipping the tops and rolling. Try and do this as quickly as possible, keeping the caramel warm in the saucepan.
These can be stored at room temperature for four days.