Also, I have decided to serve tartelettes at my wedding, like this farmer market inspired party. Those are some gorgeous tarts. I'm thinking a "create your own" bar, although it may take some arranging to make it super-versatile.
EDIT: found the recipe...in my recipe notebook. It's obviously a bit disorganized.
Sugar cookies / Snickerdoodles
For the cookies:
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter (3 sticks)
2 cups sugar
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
3 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer
2. Add in 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks. Mix in vanilla
3. In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet 1 cup at a time
5. Turn out and refrigerate for at least an hour
6. Roll out until it is 1/4 inch thick. Cut out cookies and bake for 6 to 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
These are great with frosting or covered with equal parts sugar and cinnamon for snickerdoodles.